Bring Our Program To You
The Greater Sacramento Girls on the Run Council is committed to making Girls on the Run available to more girls throughout the Greater Sacramento region each year. If Girls on the Run is not in a school in our program area, we can help you bring GOTR your way. Consideration as a Girls on the Run® site is based on “readiness-to-participate” criteria (see below) as well as on a “first-come, first-served basis”. Sites for the spring season are identified in October of each year. Sites for the fall season are selected in May of each year.
Checklist to Host a Program
While Girls on the Run® provides almost everything needed to run the program, the site is required to provide the following:
- Provide a Head Coach and Co-Coach candidate. Each coach will be required to attend one day of training and become First Aid and CPR certified, as well as complete DOJ Fingerprinting. Coaches must be available two afternoons per week during the program. Co-coaches may split the week, each attending one day (however we need to have one consistent head coach available). In the event that you are unable to find a co-coach, GOTR staff may be able to help.
- Provide a safe, dedicated space for running two days per week for 1 ½ hours. THIS IS ESSENTIAL. This does not have to be a track. A field is fine. However, there is a need to measure off part of the area for occasions when lessons require running a certain distance, e.g. 1 mile, 5K, etc.
- Provide a rain site. Indoor, private, preferably a gym reserved for GOTR® and NOT in conflict with other programs.
- Determine plan for identifying participants.
- Be prepared to distribute registration forms to all 3rd-5th grade girls (GOTR) or 6th-8th grade girls (Girls on Track). Teams consist of 8-15 girls. Some sites may be approved for multiple teams.
- Verify support from the school principal.
- Secure storage area for shoes, snacks, etc and a classroom to meet in.
For more information about bringing GOTR or GOT to your school or organization, please contact our staff at 916.202.0785 or email