Girls on the Run® of Greater Sacramento
Girls on the Run is a life-changing, non-profit prevention program for girls in the 3rd through 8th grade.
Our mission: We inspire girls to be joyful, healthy and confident using a fun, experience-based curriculum which creatively integrates running.
- Fall Race Registration Now Open - Join us for the fall season's culminating event, the Flapjack 5k! The race will take place Saturday, December 14th at Caleb Greenwood Elementary School in River Park. For registration information and details on the race, please CLICK HERE.
- Spring 2014 Season -- The spring 2014 season of Girls on the Run is right around the corner. The deadline for schools to commit to the spring season is December 20th.
To view a spring calendar and a list of spring teams please CLICK HERE.
For information on how to start a Girls on the Run team please CLICK HERE.
- We're thrilled to announce that Athleta is a national sponsor of Girls on the Run. We are lucky to have an Athleta store in the Roseville Galleria. Aside from great athletic gear they also have yoga classes, Zumba, boot camp and a run club. Check out their events here.
How You Can Make a Difference in a Local Girl's Life
- Learn more about becoming a volunteer coach HERE
- Donate to our program HERE
Girls on the Run uses the power of running to provide girls with the tools to:
- Celebrate their bodies
- Honor their voices
- Recognize their gifts, and
- Activate their personal power
Girls on the Run® combines training for a 5K (3.1 miles) running event with healthy living education. We use exercise, positive reinforcement, and encouraging role models to help girls discover the confidence they need in those critical pre-teen years and beyond. Through interactive activities such as running, playing games, and discussing important issues, participants learn how to celebrate being their unique and real selves. Our hope is that every girl believes and can say, “I belong just the way I am.”
Girls on the Run® of Greater Sacramento is an Affiliate/Independent Council of Girls on the Run International®, which has a network of 160+ locations across the United States and Canada, with new locations added each year.
Hablas espanol? Click here to access our spanish website.