Girls on the Run® of Greater Sacramento
Girls on the Run is a life-changing, non-profit prevention program for girls in the 3rd through 8th grade.
Our mission: We inspire girls to be joyful, healthy and confident using a fun, experience-based curriculum which creatively integrates running.
- Girls on the Run 5k - Registration for the Girls on the Run 5k is now open. The race will take place on May 17th at 9a and will begin at Inderkum High School.
Register before April 1st to receive the Early Bird discount rate of $20. CLICK HERE to register for the race today.
Please note: Spring Girls on the Run participants do not need to register for the race; however, running buddies do need to register.
- Spring 2014 Season -- Registration for the Spring 2014 season is now closed. For information on how to start a Girls on the Run team for an upcoming season please CLICK HERE.
- Want to coach for Girls on the Run of Greater Sacramento? More details can be found by visiting the Volunteer section of our website or CLICK HERE to sign up today!
- We're thrilled to announce that Athleta is a national sponsor of Girls on the Run. We are lucky to have an Athleta store in the Roseville Galleria. Aside from great athletic gear they also have yoga classes, Zumba, boot camp and a run club. Check out their events here.
How You Can Make a Difference in a Local Girl's Life
- Learn more about becoming a volunteer coach HERE
- Donate to our program HERE
Girls on the Run uses the power of running to provide girls with the tools to:
- Celebrate their bodies
- Honor their voices
- Recognize their gifts, and
- Activate their personal power
Girls on the Run® combines training for a 5K (3.1 miles) running event with healthy living education. We use exercise, positive reinforcement, and encouraging role models to help girls discover the confidence they need in those critical pre-teen years and beyond. Through interactive activities such as running, playing games, and discussing important issues, participants learn how to celebrate being their unique and real selves. Our hope is that every girl believes and can say, “I belong just the way I am.”
Girls on the Run® of Greater Sacramento is an Affiliate/Independent Council of Girls on the Run International®, which has a network of 160+ locations across the United States and Canada, with new locations added each year.
Hablas espanol? Click here to access our spanish website.